Let’s take a look back before moving forwards…
My greatest wish for the year: Contentment – stop over-analyzing everything and enjoy the present moment – I still have a lot of room for improvement with this, but think that I am getting better.
A thing I’m looking forward to: Travel (Hawaii) and planning my wedding – Yes, both were/have been great!
An important change to make: Being on my phone so much + intuitive eating/exercise – Still on my phone waaay too much. Towards the end of 2018 I’ve gotten better at intuitive exercise – IE is still a work in progress…
A new experience to try: A spiritual healing event – Still haven’t done this…. Still want too!
3 Words to Guide me in 2018
- Simplify – I simplified my meals and have been slowly sifting through my things to donate
- Enjoy – I found myself too caught up in thinking in the past/present to fully “enjoy” most things
- Focus – work has been a challenge. I don’t do well with distractions (even when I close my door)
Top 3 Goals for 2018
- Daily scripture/devotional – came and went in phases
- Increase yoga skill/practice – 200 hour certified yoga teacher training has helped with this!
- Overall healthier relationship with food & exercise – getting their, but meeting regularly with my therapist and dietitian help
A book to read: A lot. Goal is 20+ this year! – Only made it to 16. Reading for work held me back (well, that’s my excuse)
A movie to watch: The Greatest Showman – Probably my most played soundtrack/songs of the year!
A place to visit: Portland, OR – We went in July!
A new skill to learn: Self-defense & become more proficient in Spanish – fail.
A thing to buy for myself: New luggage – got some off our wedding registry!
A kind thing to do for others: Make “mercy bags” or at least have extra snacks in my car for when I see homeless at the stoplights – I kept granola bars in my car for awhile. During the colder months, socks would be helpful
- less alcohol & dessert = sugar – not met
- cook at home more vs. eating out – not met
- boost my confidence – kinda met
- more “self care” time – met
- less judgemental – not met
For My Family:
- visit my parents more – met
- call my brother more – met
- call grandparents monthly – not met
- write letters to my grandparents – not met
- grow closer to my fiance’s family – met
- be on time/early each day – not met
- do less “non-work” things (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) while at work – not met
- get to know other people in the building better – met
- less procrastination, more preparation – kinda met
- attend networking events and conferences – met
For My Passions:
- blog – post regularly and build a following – not met
- carve out more time for reading – not met
- re-vamp my Etsy shop – not met
- de-clutter and donate (EVERYTHING) so I can simplify my life – kinda met
I suppose the goals I didn’t meet or things that I fell short on will become my goals/wishes for 2019. I will do a separate 2019 lists post, but I think it’s helpful for me to review and re-evaluate before moving forwards!
Happy 2018 + planning!